In accordance with tradition, the next Olubadan is Chief Lekan Balogun, Otun Olubadan
The death of the Olubadan of Ibadan, Oba Saliu Adetunji has propagated a way for another ruling house to produce the next Oubadan of Ibadan.
The Otun Olubadan of Ibadanland, Lekan Balogun, a former lawmaker is the most senior chief from the two ruling chieftaincy families, Egbe Agba (civil) and Balogun (military) that produce successors to the throne in the state.
Balogun, who represented the state at the red chamber, senate, and celebrated his 79th birthday last October, is statutorily the next person to occupy the Olubadan stool.
Below is the hierarchically list of the next Obas.
1) Chief Lekan Balogun: Otun Olubadan.
2) Owolabi Olakulehin: Balogun Olubadan
3) Rashidi Ladoja: Osi Olubadan.
4). Olufemi Olaifa: Otun Balogun.
5) Eddy Oyewole: Ashipa Olubadan.
6) Tajudeen Ajibola: Osi Balogun.
7) Amidu Ajibade:Ekaarun Olubadan.
8) Lateef Gbadamosi: Ashipa Balogun Olubadan.
9) Kola Adegbola: Ekarun Balogun.
10) Abiodun Kola-Daisi: Ekerin Olubadan.