The NAGAFF Academy is an institution affiliated to the University of Lagos, (UNILAG), Lagos Nigeria, with the goal of promoting a sustainable freight forwarding practice and professionalism in the country. The target applicants are practitioners that constitute freight forwarders.
• Freight forwarders, Customs Brokers and Consolidators non vessel owner operating common carrier (NVOCC Companies staff)
• Cargo handlers/Dock workers (Cargo handling and Stevedoring Companies port and terminal operator staff)
• Shipping line Agents, (Cargo Airline staff)
• Warehousing : (warehouse and store material management staff)
• Courier Agents (Courier companies staff)
• Packagers: (Packaging and labeling companies staff)
• Logistics and supply chain practitioners: (Public and private logistics and supply chain companies staff)
• Cargo Transporters: Road haulage, rail wagon and sea barge companies
• Importers and exporters (manufactures, traders and export companies staff).
• Government Agencies Departments and public / private organisations involved in International Trade Documentations processes, Monitoring and Cargo clearance. (CUSTOMS, CBN, NPA, SON, NAFDAC,NEPC, NDLEA, NIWA , POLICE, MILITARY OFFICERS, QUARANTINE OFFICERS, AND COMMERCIAL BANKS etc)
The Academy offers certificate course for one year, Diploma for 2 years and Higher Diploma for 2 years in freight forwarding management. Including a post graduate diploma for 1 year in freight forwarding and supply management. The mode of study is categorised into full time and part time (weekends) programmes.
Qualified freight forwarders are eligible for induction into the NAGAFF membership such as full member, fellow, Honorary, and corporate organisation members.
NAGAFF has its headquarters at the freight forwarders village, 2A, Maybin Street, Apapa GRA Lagos, Nigeria.
The academy is being run as a monotechnic which offers courses only on freight forwarding. It has also introduced the Chinese language as a course to enable members to transact business with China as the economy is now trending towards the Chinese economy. The academy is recognised with a UNILAG Certificate for easy job placement after graduation. Note also, that we are approaching JAMB to be accredited by the National Universities Commission (NUC), in the JAMB Curriculum very soon.
NAGAFF Academy Governing Council members were inaugurated on July 8th, 2019. The inauguration made it a legal institution.